Friday 25 August 2017

Presentation at the Manaiakalani Hui 2017


It was a pleasure to be part of the Manaiakalani Hui for 2017. We were given an opportunity to show and talk to teachers about our focusing inquiry for the year as part of our role as COL teachers.

I had lots of people visited and talked to me about my Maths focusing Inquiry. I was able to share my thoughts and ideas with them. We shared some of the common problems that we see in class and also some of the possible solutions for some identified issue in Maths especially for junior classes.
Common concerns on the day was, 'how are we going to increase student talk,  and to use academic language?' I was impressed with the fact that teachers are concerning about this issue and trying to address it in similar ways with what I have suggested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Step #1 for identifying inquiry focus for 2022

Unpacking and analysing last year's assessment data in week 5 of Term 1 2022 was essential when the school realised that we cannot colle...