Wednesday 7 February 2018

Welcome Back!!



Last year was very good, and I have learned and shared some of those experiences with some of you. I will
continue to be reflective on my teaching practice, and make changes if needed in order to meet the needs of
my learners.

I am very excited about this year and my goal is to accelerate all learners’ achievement in writing as
mentioned above.

At Glenbrae School for this year our focus is raising achievement in literacy with a focus
on Maori & Pasifika students. We also want to trasfer the leadership capability, and embed pedagogical
changes developed in Mathematics over the last two years to the leadership of literacy, especially WRITING.



1. WRITING SAMPLE


2. SURVEY

AN ACTIVE LEARNER


Teachers to consider when planning:


All the above questions are there to guide / help us forming our Inquiry focus for this year.

Last year Maths was about authentic problems and contexts that relate to learners’

prior knowledge.

This year writing is about the same thing!!. I can’t wait to see how these ideas work

and help my learners accelerate their learning. 

My learners will definitely have a great year of learning.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Step #1 for identifying inquiry focus for 2022

Unpacking and analysing last year's assessment data in week 5 of Term 1 2022 was essential when the school realised that we cannot colle...