Monday 22 July 2019

Reflection on my first inquiry

Reflection #1


At the end of Term 2, I had to pass on all my target students to another class due to increase in my class roll.
So I did reflect on this a little bit but I would like to say that it was a bit sad to see these children left.
Obviously, this is what most new entrants class face when their class increases in number then they will have
to lose some children to another level.


What I found when I was inquiring into oral language for two terms is that it wasn’t long enough for me to
shape up some of the things that I have done (teaching practise). ‘Talking in the morning’, for example was a
good strategy and the children were beginning to talk more but I am not sure whether the next teacher would
do the same. I feel like that my learners were not strong enough to continue doing this on their own in a different
classroom environment.


However, I enjoyed working with Jannie at school about ‘dialogic conversation’. I started to implement in class
but not enough time to see my learners achievement. Dialogic conversation is something that I will continue to
do with my new target students and of course the whole class. 

With my new target students coming on board, I am going to continue doing the same thing that I have done
with my old target learners. This time I will make sure that we are doing it everyday so my learners have every
opportunity to practice and learn. For myself, I will continue to refine my practise and to see how else am I going
to make it visible for my learners and their whanau.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Step #1 for identifying inquiry focus for 2022

Unpacking and analysing last year's assessment data in week 5 of Term 1 2022 was essential when the school realised that we cannot colle...