Monday 21 August 2017

Problem Solving Approach

Some learners in my target group still struggle to talk, participate, or contribute in whole class discussion. These students are new entrants who are not yet confident, don't know the appropriate Maths language to use, and not familiar with the our class norm.

I discussed this problem at our team meeting with the junior teachers and we think the best way is to continue using the Problem Solving Approach but with a little FRONTLOADING at the beginning.




I can't wait to see how ideas above have impact on my students' learning and using of mathematical language; and understanding of strategies used to solve given Maths problems.







I am hoping that at the end of this year, my learners would be able to:
  • think independently and confidently
  • able to share their thinking using appropriate Maths language
  • able to unpack a problem and use appropriate strategy to solve problems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Step #1 for identifying inquiry focus for 2022

Unpacking and analysing last year's assessment data in week 5 of Term 1 2022 was essential when the school realised that we cannot colle...