Wednesday 29 April 2020

Determination is nothing without dedication ....

At the beginning of this week I got this photo sent to me by this boy's mother.  I'm sure this hits you in
different levels but for me it is simply a form of dedication. This boy started school at the beginning of this
year and now he's back at home. I have so much love for my learners and their whanau. 

Profiling ~ Knowing my Learners

A reflection of the past two weeks has also come to mind when seeing photos sent by parents and the
discussions that I have had with them about their children. I want to say that this is a good time to
learn more about our learners especially from their parents/caregivers. I am quiet lucky in a way for
I talk to parents most of the time and everyday I find new things about my learners. I guess that's the
benefit I get from this lockdown - I get to know more about strengths, weaknesses and needs of my learners.
Now it’s my turn to document and adjust my teaching practice to cater for their learning needs considering
all the things that has been discussed with parents/caregivers.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Viena
    This is my first year as a COL and listening to you during our breakout group meeting was very encouraging. I totally agree that we connected more with our Whanau and families through home learning during lockdown.

    ReplyDelete

Step #1 for identifying inquiry focus for 2022

Unpacking and analysing last year's assessment data in week 5 of Term 1 2022 was essential when the school realised that we cannot colle...