Friday 17 April 2020

Family Games

Today marks the fourth day of Term 2, end of week 1, and I just want to say that in my daily timetable I have an icon for family games. I believe that in time like this we need to encourage parents not only to learn and follow our structured learning timetable but also to have time bonding with their children as well as fitness.


For this I suggested for parents to play "Kick the Can" game. I attached the game instructions to the timetable and when I talk to parents I encouraged them to do it.


2 comments:

  1. I am using these games with my students this year! I would be interested in discussing this further to see how you adapt the games with your younger students :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adele, thanks for commenting on this one.

    I only choose games that I think parents would be able to play at home. I don't tell them reasons behind each game because I feel like it is too much information, and I give one game for the whole week. I do the same if it is at school, we only play one game sometimes for two weeks or more.

    ReplyDelete

Step #1 for identifying inquiry focus for 2022

Unpacking and analysing last year's assessment data in week 5 of Term 1 2022 was essential when the school realised that we cannot colle...